From official source,
- Curriculum - https://github.com/cncf/curriculum
- Candidate handbook - https://docs.linuxfoundation.org/tc-docs/certification/lf-candidate-handbook
- Exam tips - https://docs.linuxfoundation.org/tc-docs/certification/tips-cka-and-ckad
I also recommend this awesome course taught by Mumshad. It is very popular and consists of many practice labs and mock exams.
1. Be familiar with the basic Kubernetes resources
- Computing workloads: Pods, ReplicaSets, Deployments, Jobs, CronJobs
- Configurations: Secrets, ConfigMaps
- Persistent volumes: StorageClasses, PersistentVolumes, PersistentVolumeClaims
- Services and networking: Services, Ingress, NetworkPolicies
- User access control: Roles, ClusterRoles, RoleBindings, ClusterRoleBindings, ServiceAccounts
Note that most of these are also required for the CKAD (Certified Kubernetes Application Developer) exam.
Check out my other CKAD post for more information.
2. Learn the following Kubernetes components
Control plane components
3. Learn how to use these CLI tools
- kubeadm - tool to bootstrap the Kubernetes cluster
- etcdctl - CLI to interact with etcd data store
- crictl - CLI for CRI-compatible container runtimes
Practise the following scenarios.
Note that these are NOT the actual exam questions but practice I found useful to go through.